Cooking Thyme With Tristan: Varney’s Vegetable Soup
Named after the one and only Jim Varney, this soup is so TASTY and like Jim’s character Ernest, the perfect model of comfort… you know what I mean, Vern?
Here’s with you will need:
- 1 pound of chicken tenderloins
- 3 peppers
- ½ bag of frozen corn
- Some kale
- 2 fresh carrots
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups vegetable juice
- 1 tomato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp thyme
- A liberal amount of salt and pepper to taste
Here’s what you will need to do:
- Cut your veggies and put them in the pan!
- Mix in the chicken broth and vegetable juice.
- Mix in all other vegetables and all spices.
- Cook the chicken!
- Cool the noodles!
- Pour it all into the pot, add the kale and let those ingredients marry each other!
- Taste it and add seasoning as you wish!
It’s even better if you watch an Ernest film while eating! I recommend Ernest Goes to Jail!
Until next time…